Sunday 13 April 2008

I don't like Omaha

I played poker today.

Here, they play for $5 for 5000 in chips, with the blinds increasing now and again from 25/50 till 75/150.

Neither did I win nor lose any money as I needed not pay, but that's not important.

The players here are pretty alright--brother's friends--and they mostly play for fun and pride rather than stakes. I still think that it's easier to get called on when stakes are so low, but I think it's highly unlikely that they'll convert to higher stakes.

The players here (who usually play Hold 'em) are playing more 'Omaha', which to most of you is much different than what we're used to. Any four cards can get you in trouble because it really blinds the fact that you are only playing with two of the four cards. Two pairs, trips, can sometimes be so trivial.

So the whole time, the games would swap from Texas Hold 'em and Omaha depending on the dealer's prerogative. However, I think more of Omaha was dealt.

Mainly, I was uncomfortable with the idea that I have to adjust (from scratch) to a different game on the night I play with new people after not playing since I left KL. I learnt that I'm slowly losing my grasp of the game--what time does, I suppose.

No comments: