Wednesday 10 September 2008

Road to Sin

Dear all,

The third day in this new work environment.

I believe I never told you about my last work environment--it was quite laid back in comparison to this new one.

During the technical writer stint, I was located at this place--Newmarket--near a large shoppers' area situated adjacent to train tracks. Once in a while, I'll be smoking outside, trainspotting. Located opposite the train tracks from the office is a brewery--more than once in a while, I'll catch that scent of barley and hops, or malt. We may have discussed this in the email. I'm no longer sure if it's either.

My new workplace is off K Road. K for Kangaroo. Hard to believe there's a Kangaroo Road, right? That's because it's not really K for Kangaroo. It's K for Karangahape or something or rather. By now you'll understand the abbreviation to just one letter.

The street is strewn with sex shops, strip bars, restaurants, one laundromat, some other sex shops, and me. I haven't gone to a strip bar before. Maybe one of these days after work, when I have spare change, for appreciation--there isn't a $1 note in NZ. The strippers all have bruises from all the coins thrown at them.

The view? From the office, you can see the water, but it's far; so all you see is flat horizon with glimmering reflections of the sun. And boats and buildings. There's more but it's not that interesting right now. Maybe I'll tell you later when I have nothing to write to you about.

Bye for now. Send your families my regards.


Yours sin-cerely,
-Statue of Liberty.

No comments: