Monday 11 August 2008

Don't cut yourself,

Dear all,

How are you? How is the weather there? Any news of that thing we were speaking about last?

Enough about you. I just got a new old car. It was filthy. I was charged with cleaning it and did as such, today. It may have taken 2 over hours to clean it all. In and out, in and out.

I bet you wonder what I do when I don't have a solid job just yet. Well.. I'll tell you. First of all, I wake up around 10ish sometimes earlier, say... 8ish. After waking up, I lie in my warm bed for maybe 2 hours or so depending if I fall back asleep or not. It's cold in the mornings when dark meets bright. And so, the habit of lying in wake in a warm comfortable place--something as simple as just that--really hits the spot, so to speak.

After the whole 'waking up' process, which takes a while as you'd've already imagined, I look for something to eat, make some coffee, and proceed to smoke a cigarette outside... with cup of coffee in hand... facing the garden. This is where I talk to myself, and laugh... if that's not crazy enough, this is also where I think of things to say to people about their statements and criticism--because I'm not impolite enough to say it to their stupid narrow minded faces.

That's right! I am a coward. The tactful kind, perhaps. Or maybe not. Either way, I think it would be weird for my neighbour to one day catch me mouthing what appear to be strong and fierce words towards the garden.

Then, I do some chores; such as today, I washed this new car. I was drenching wet. Through and through. After which I would usually watch some television, but had not today... not until much later in the evening. I help prepare dinner. A stew, with steaks and other sordid vegetables. I also cutted my index finger on a can. I get cuts quite a bit, and wounds on and off.

You know what I dislike about cuts, bruises and wounds? It's not really the pain and stinging. That is pretty much bearable. The fact is that I like white and brightly coloured shirts and the redness of blood really sticks out in these colours. And so whenever you have these bleeding holes in you, you tend to disregard that they are there until you notice spots and splotches of red all over yourself. That's what I dislike: having to be careful what I touch and where, constantly rechecking to see if I'm still bleeding.


Yours truly,
-Nicholas Lo.

2 comments:

Pinkity said...

hahahahahahahahaha...


thinking of u here and missing u...

xoxo

Anonymous said...

OI!!!!

WHat UTTER NOnsense u signing my name off for????

I did NOT write that post hello! I do not smoke in the mornings. I do not smoke at all!! I don't drink coffee! I shower as soon as I get drenched with sweat from waching my car. Not wait till after dinner. And I loooooove veges. They are not sordid.

So there.