Wednesday 6 August 2008

Yes or Yes?

Dear all,

Today. I woke up at 6:30am. To go for an interview. My mother had arranged it. I don't know what's worse, waking up at 6:30 for a 10am interview or having my mother arrange it. Surely, both is fine.

Let's cut the story really short and say that I was at the vicinity till half past 10 to realise that this interview was not going to happen. That's it... I went home, watched TV and ate. And found two new references due to some mix up.

Ten minutes ago, my mother comes to me and suggests I do it again tomorrow in a questioning manner. I said "no," but she was still in my doorway. She would have stood there for half an hour if I hadn't said "yes."

"I know you're not even thinking of what I said," I said "you're just thinking of how to arrange it." I know that look. I know that stance. All too familiar with this method. It gets to me that I have to do this, irrespective of how best her intentions were.

I narrowed it down to the point that it was neither a choice, nor negotiation--just posed as if it were. This entry doesn't belong in this blog. Bear with it. Goodbye.


Yours truly,
-mathaafuackakk, ya that's why.

No comments: