Friday 15 August 2008

Technically...

Hey all,

It's Me, reporting from the Beijing Olympics!! It's really great here, the atmosphere is so lively and so make-belief. And as I sit in this hotel room in the actual Olympic Birds' Nest monolith, I can't help but make up more shit.

I went for an interview this morning. On time in a hurry, is how I would term it--doing the same sort of work as I did in KL. Recommendations by people and recruiters on how to find work I want is to start in a role I've experience in and work to where I want from there, which is--very much--a popular suggestion these days. I still look for that one alternative option. Irrefutable.

I have a bit of an aversion to doing all that again. Worse, I have to brush up on all of that now. Pity. Fuck. I don't want to write anymore. But I must try. And you will read what I try, or try what I read.

My other work option sort of caved in, and fell through. And now I'm working casually as a technical writer. What do I know about technical writing? Very little. "Very," got it?

What's technical writing? Apparently, technical writers document procedures and policies of a particular process of some sort, be it wiping your ass or blowing your uncle, there are steps and lots of other things that need to be documented. That's what they do. For a company. Or for company. I'll let you know if and when I find out more.


Love,
-Skanky Yi Hwa xoxox

3 comments:

Pinkity said...

OI! Don't make fun of my job ok? There are technically 24 steps to wiping your ass... You start off with getting off the throne......

OK let's not bore each other.

Yews, do not use my name in vain.

YSCHAN said...

You're a technical writer too?

Li San C. said...

Bastard, I'm not special enough for my name to be used, isit??